but people who get all ‘think of the children!’ when you mention putting queer characters in kids shows piss me off so much
because I am thinking of the children
the queer children who are living in a world that tells them they are wrong at every turn, that denies their existence and refuses to allow them a happy ending
I’m thinking of those children
the worst thing about speaking two languages is trying to use an expression from one language that fits perfectly into your conversation but the other person won’t get it
you can be a fan of a show and point out its flaws
you can enjoy something and still criticize it
discussing issues which are necessary to be talked about is as much part of a fandom as anything else and has nothing to do with fighting
the idea of a fandom is that you are more than a passive consumer who accepts things mindlessly
idealizing things is unhealthy and gives you a skewed view of reality
I don’t reblog porn usually but this was really great and my followers can just deal with it okay
I hope I don’t get hate lol ;D
You call that porn?
Now this is some hot, NSFW action.
THERE ARE CHILDREN HERE
WOAH THERE THAT IS GRAPHIC
dirty dirty dirty
MY INNOCENT EYES
OH MY GOD THIS IS BACK
i am sorry tay i know you are killing me with your mind right now
this is my legacy and its not even the url i use anymore
I get “fake geek girl” BS in job interviews. I have skipped applying for programming jobs because the ads promote the “bro-centric company culture,” where it is common to drink beer and no one complains about your naughty sense of humor. I have applied at companies that won’t interview me for the position that I’m qualified for because the type of programming that I do is more typical for guys and this other type over here that I don’t do is more typical for girls; in order to show how inclusive of women they are, they strongly encourage me to apply for [girl job] despite me being grossly overqualified for [boy job that I can’t be interviewed for]. I have gone to interviews where it is made clear to me that I’m the affirmative action candidate, that they were intrigued by my claim to play video games [which I was tested on], and then had the technical interviewer act astounded because during my whiteboarding exercise, I followed a coding standard that prevents a security breach and no other applicants did— and then not gotten the job. I have had jobs where my opinion was dismissed by my superiors who were less qualified than me, who repeatedly interrupted me during demos to tell me that I’m doing the demo wrong on a product that the interrupter has never used— and then gotten fired for calmly standing up to him.
So let me tell you why there are so few games with strong female protagonists and so few games with characters that women can identify with as idealized heroes: games are made by men for themselves.
PetticoatDespot (Click for full comment on an also great article)
Yeah but WHY aren’t there more women in the tech center? Must be because of their genetically weird lady brains AMIRITE?!
1. White terrorists are called “gunmen.” What does that even mean? A person with a gun? Wouldn’t that be, like, everyone in the US? Other terrorists are called, like, “terrorists.”
2. White terrorists are “troubled loners.” Other terrorists are always suspected of being part of a global plot, even when they are obviously troubled loners.
3. Doing a study on the danger of white terrorists at the Department of Homeland Security will get you sidelined by angry white Congressmen. Doing studies on other kinds of terrorists is a guaranteed promotion.
4. The family of a white terrorist is interviewed, weeping as they wonder where he went wrong. The families of other terrorists are almost never interviewed.
5. White terrorists are part of a “fringe.” Other terrorists are apparently mainstream.
6. White terrorists are random events, like tornadoes. Other terrorists are long-running conspiracies.
7. White terrorists are never called “white.” But other terrorists are given ethnic affiliations.
8. Nobody thinks white terrorists are typical of white people. But other terrorists are considered paragons of their societies.
9. White terrorists are alcoholics, addicts or mentally ill. Other terrorists are apparently clean-living and perfectly sane.
10. There is nothing you can do about white terrorists. Gun control won’t stop them. No policy you could make, no government program, could possibly have an impact on them. But hundreds of billions of dollars must be spent on police and on the Department of Defense, and on TSA, which must virtually strip search 60 million people a year, to deal with other terrorists.
Juan Cole, 08/09/2012
Juan Cole actually wrote this 4 days after a white terrorist, yes, terrorist, murdered 6 and injured 4 people at a Sikh gurdwara in Wisconsin. The terrorist who committed said crime spoke of an impending “racial holy war” beforehand and was a member of white supremacist/neo-Nazi hate groups.
According to chemistry, alcohol IS a solution.
REBLOGGING FOR THAT GIF OMG
this is your pilot speaking, yes we’re having difficulties, we’ve realised that this isnt actually a functionable plane but instead a very convincing lego replica
The opening scene with the street merchant was completely unscripted. Robin Williams was brought into the sound stage and was asked to stand behind a table that had several objects on it and a bed sheet covering them all. The animators asked him to lift the sheet, and without looking take an object from the table and describe it in character. Much of the material in that recording session was not appropriate for a Disney film.
"Combination hookah and coffee maker, also makes julienne fries! It will not break! It will not- …. it broke."
that line used to just kill me as a kid and now it’s better because it was unscripted and he probably broke the prop
I think that if voldemort really wanted to kill harry potter the night the spell didn’t work on him he could’ve just picked him up and thrown him out a window given the fact that he was a one year old infant
Chicago-based artist Alex Solis creates simple drawings that turn into awesome finished pieces with the incorporation of his own hands and/or other ordinary objects, like potato chips or fruit. He brings his drawings to life by appearing to interact with them.
You can view more of Alex’s artwork by following him here on Tumblr.
[via Design Taxi]